Roleplay Forum

A forum for me and my friends to write on.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Beginnings in Zaphis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun May 10, 2015 7:08 am

"Will you please SHUT THE FUCK UP? If you don't wana be here then fucking walk. None of us have time to babysit a fucking brat." Dweknel's voice was a lot more threatening than Eliana's ever could be. She scowled at him, starting to worry a bit that he may become much more violent. "YOU DON'T GET TO TALK ABOUT SHIT. YOU DECIDED TO COME BECAUSE OF WHAT HE WAS GOING TO PAY YOU. I'M GETTIN JACK SHIT. " Just as she had worried, his voice was raised. Eliana moved back a bit-- He was much larger than Goldy and Dhadaeryn. Even if she could fight the two of them and end up in a stalemate, Dweknel could probably break her in half without even trying.

"Tch." Eliana didn't have much of a choice of what she could've said. Should she have said something violent back, he probably would've killd her. Should she have some counter arguments... Well, frankly, she didn't have any. Everything he was saying was true.

Suddenly, Dhadaeryn moved her hand away. She was about to yell at him for it when a knife fly by her hand, barely missing it. Similiar to Goldy, Eliana looked with awe.

"Yes, however, your actions and wording gave away..."   He had just continued talking like whatever just went down never had happened. Eliana looked down at her feet, ignoring the rest of what everybody else had started to say. Well, it could've gotten much worse. I could've gotten stabbed in the head. Or he could've just minded his own business. She began scowling again, feeling the same dislike she had before.

"And Eliana, control your emotions." Eliana sighed angrily at Dhadaeryn. "Fine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun May 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Dhadaeryn waited patiently, and noticed that they were somewhat calmer, if not more reluctant to talk. He turned his eyes to Eliana. Humans typically forgot most of the Fae's native tongue due to it being so hard to understand, and due to it being so rare to come across. He, however, had an encyclopedia of Fae knowledge titled Evysa. He started speaking to Eliana in her native tongue.

"How long have you been away from your homeland, Eliana?"

His pronunciation and grammar were flawless. He spent a lot of time practicing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-fun.forumotion.com
Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun May 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Eliana had felt a bit bitter, and the silence wasn't helping too much of it. It was nearly haunting, that is, it was until someone had spoken up in a familiar language. "How long have you been away from your homeland, Eliana?" She looked back to Dhadaeryn, a bit curious how he had known the language so perfectly. She decided not to question it.

"I don't know." She replied back, speaking the fae language, too. "I don't keep track." She grumbled slightly then looked away from him and to her feet again. She hadn't really wanted to speak anymore, after all, she had just made a lot of trouble and nearly lost her hand for nothing. It probably would just be better if she kept her mouth shut for a while.

"It's probably been a very long time, though." She said, back into the common tongue. She was fluent in both, however, she's been speaking common for so long that it now felt much more comfortable than the fae language. She never heard it too often, and not many people understood or care for the language of the fae, either. It was probably more of a prestigious thing for humans, anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun May 10, 2015 5:33 pm

The silence that filled the air was a little uncomfortable. At least Eliana wasn't yelling anymore. Goldy snuggled further into the blanket, pulling her feet up and almost curling into a ball.

Dhadaeryn said something in a language she guessed was that of the Fae. She knew little to none of it. Somebody in the guild had tried to teach her once. At the time, though, she preferred learning anything else to learning a language she though she'd never hear.

Eliana then responded in the same language before becoming antisocial again. Then, something she understood. "It's probably been a very long time, though."

"Huh?" Goldy said, raising a brow. Her eyes flashing between the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun May 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Why is she here? Does that mean the rest know where I am?

Her voice spoke again. "Only myself and master knew where you might have been; don't worry about it. I only found you by luck. Only thing I could gather was 'A tall guy with big sword' so get off of me already" her voice changed into something more flirtatious "...unless you had something else in mind."

Dwek wasn't phased by what she had said. She always flip flopped between being factual and flirting with people.

"What do you want" he said but only it was relaxed. It must have been nice to let loose.

She spoke again acting as though she was hurt by his words. "Why I have never met someone who was so unhappy to see me." That was a lie. There were many people who were unhappy to meet her. There was a long pause. They just looked at each other. They hadn't seen each other since they were 15. She had changed a lot. She had long hair although it wasn't as long as Dwek's. There were curves and lumps where there were none before. Really the only thing that let him know it was her was that there was that horrific burn. It surrounded her eye and trailed down the side of her face before wrapping around her neck.

Soon after they were done examining one another she launched a series of queries. "Howhaveyoubeen? Whathaveyoubeendoing? Haveyouseenyourmasterlately? Areyoustilltrainingcorrectly? Whathappenedafteryouleft? By the way where are you hurt?"

Dwek stared at her with one eyebrow rasied. She didn't do that before. He answered her with his own queston. "How did you know I was hurt?"

Her leg flew into his crotch and he fell over. She was finally freed from the weight of Dwek. She stood up and spoke back to him. "Your master told me to do that if you didn't follow her instructions" of course she did. "Also anyone could have told that you were wounded somewhere with how you didn't block with your right arm. You probably could have killed me if you weren't bothered by it."

Dwek opened his mouth to answer but she didn't want to hear anything. She knew what was wrong. She shoved a knife in his mouth and made her demands. "Chest. Naked. Now." He refused to move and she cut the inside of his mouth. Her face was scary now and her voice reminded her of his master. "I didn't stutter did I?

He did as she said. He stopped at the bandages but she put more pressure on the knife. That was basically her way of telling him to keep going. He did. He freed his chest from the bandages warm embrace. Her foot found its way to his crotch again. She pressed down on it. There was anger in her voice now. "It was me who taught you how to care for wounds right? So why the fuck is it so sloppy? She didn't even give him a second to react. She shoved him back, foot still in place, and removed the knife from his mouth. She used the same knife to cut the stitches in the wound. He winced which prompted a "Shut up you baby" from her.

She was stitching his wound again; only this time it was much more attractive and well done. She made small talk as she did this. "Where'd you get all these scars?"

She's acting like her.

She put her weight down on her foot. He quickly answered to make her stop. "Shit happens when you're alone for 10 years."

His answer seemed to bother her. She launched more questions. "Who were those people you were with." She stared at him this time. Her eyes were as ferocious as a tigers at that moment. "Some kids who hired me to do a job."

"What are they paying you."

"Gold."

She stomped her foot. "Liar. You don't work for gold."

Trying to calm his voice he answered truthfully this time. "A sack of walnuts."

"That's it?"

"That's it."

She finished the stitches and sat him up. She began wrapping him back up. She was focus on his hair now. "Your hair is a bit long isn't it?"

"I like it like this."

"But you don't like the color."

He shot a look at her. "How did you know."

"Your master has been telling us 3 a lot about you."

Why would she let out information like that? She couldn't possibly think that he still felt kinship between all 3 of them. Not after what happened. "Why are you helping me out? Aren't you supposed to be a lot less friendly with me?"

She paused for a second. His words had become a lot less kind over the last 10 years. Sure the other 2 were the same way but they were always like that. Dwek used to be kind to everyone.

She began to wonder what could have possibly happened over after he left. Sure her and her master had bits of "info" on him but no one really knew where he was or what he was doing. They only concrete thing they knew was that he was killing more people from Wyrmenhiem than the norm. People from Wyrmenhiem often fought and killed each other. But he killed more than average and the state he left the bodies...strange was an understatement. She wanted to trust him with all her being but knew she couldn't. It was obvious that he didn't trust many people anymore. The air around him gave that away. It was cold but didn't have that speck of warmness that his master had.

Dwek noticed that she was letting her mind wander. He didn't feel like sticking around anymore. He got up and put everything back on. She arose as well and cut her dominant hand open before holding her hand out for a handshake. Dwek looked at her. "Why are you doing that? That's meant for the successors."

It shook her a bit. She couldn't tell if he didn't think of himself as one or the other way around. "You're still the successor until your master finds someone suitable for the role. By the way she's going about it doesn't seem she'll be doing anything of the sort."

Dwek sighed and also cut his dominant hand, but only with his greatsword, and shook her hand. The both said simultaneously "Nice to meat you."

They walked out of the house together. Dwek was already in the grass when she asked her final question. "Where are you gonna go and what are you gonna do?"

Without looking back he answered. "Fuck if I know...and tell her to start looking."

Dwek made his way back to the road the other three were on. He didn't know if they were still where he had left them so he went a bit farther up it. He'd wait there for an three hours before moving to the nearest town.

He was colder than Wyrmenhiem itself as he walked away. She needed to return home and report to her master. There she would have to tell her everything that happened and what was said. Later she'd have to visit his master and give her the news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun May 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Dhadaeryn was listening with his curiosity piqued, and when he got his answer he replied in the Fae dialect yet again.

"Have you ever thought about returning there?" he had heard a lot of the natural pull to Rik'Matuli that Fae felt. Evysa said that it might have been some form of magic, because even though she doesn't want to return she feels the pull herself. He felt that he knew anything Eliana could tell him, however he didn't realize that Evysa never spoke of the city that Eliana came from.

Evysa didn't talk much of the city of exiles. Not many Fae do.

He watched her movements as he said this, just to see how she felt about the thought of returning to her homeland. Revisions may have to be made depending on her reaction.

His eyes strayed for a second, but he quickly got his mind back on track. Hormones definitely added a difficulty factor when it came to analyzing a girl, he realized. He had even found it harder to concentrate in games with Evysa. Whenever a pretty girl passed he slowly inherited the inability to think straight. His eyes were stopping more than usual, too, when he was looking for discerning features of weaponry or body language.

Guess he'll just add to the weapons list.

"The big man first? Why not just kill the brat and get it over with?" a girly voice asked, and the reply was from a deep, quiet voice.

"He separated from the group, he'll be easiest to kill. Remember what I said about picking off those around him?"

"Yeah, but then he would know something is up!" she replied.

"It'll be harder for them to do anything without the big body guard around. What's a kid, a whore, and a petty bounty hunter going to do? We take out the big guy, rest up, and then just kill off the rest."

A third person chuckled, his laughter more toward their stupidity than to what the man said.

"Eliana Revinder of Rik'Matuli, Goldy of Nueven, Prince Dhadaeryn of Fedonia, and Dweknel of Wyrmenheim are not to be underestimated... If you think it best to kill Dweknel, then we'll commit, but if either of you fall in battle I am leaving in an instant."

Silence issued as his two companions looked at him.

"We... We know that you have demon's blood in your veins, but what makes you think you're so wonderful?" asked the woman.

The man laughed again. He didn't think that he was wonderful, he just didn't care for much other than getting his job done.

"If you fall, I'll leave in an instant to save my skin. Dweknel is probably going to kill one of you, and even he can't catch up with me." he grinned. He was known as one of the fastest men in the land.

If you could call him a man.

Demons are either insurmountably intelligent or excessively athletic, but they are always born with a lack of strength. He was partially a demon, and he inherited their athleticism with the humans ingenuity and superior physical strength. He was faster than a human, and stronger than a Demon, but it was not vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun May 17, 2015 10:06 pm

More mumbo jumbo from Dhadaeryn, but no clarification as to what was being said. Goldy bit her lip and began half-mindedly rubbing the scar on her nose. Okay, okay. Yeah. Fine. Her eyes drifted to the fields surrounding the vehicle.

Why wasn't Mr. Wyrmenheim back, yet? She didn't know if they were on a time crunch or not, but she knew that she wanted to get a move on. She let out a sigh, her head rolling back.

Maybe they could just leave without him and save the wait. He'd find his way, right?

Eh, that seemed sort of mean.

She didn't like sitting idle for long periods of time, especially with people who had just pissed her off. Maybe a nap was in order? Too noisy. Too bright. She could always just climb out and go find the big guy.

But he had pissed her off, too.

However, it was a reasonable getaway from Eliana and Dhadaeryn. It also seemed that they weren't going to move until Dweknel came back.

She'd wait a minute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun May 17, 2015 11:00 pm

"Have you ever thought about returning there?" Dhadaeryn asked her, causing her to look up, once again her eyes having a hard tme focusing. The question was a bit more bothersome this time, though. She looked at him with a glower, honestly not expecting the question at all.

"No." Eliana lied quickly, though it hadn't be a strong want to go back home, she had only thought about the changes and if she could manage life back on the island. It was a dumb thought, to her, anyways. "I don't have a reason to." Her eyes began to dart around again, avoiding any eye contact with the others. Why's he even asking questions anyways? He could be askin' Goldy about her home town or whatever.

Huffing with fake impatience, Eliana looked around the area with much more hesitation now, giving a better illusion that she wasn't just being a panicked lunatic. "Where did Dweknel even go?" She would have to make up a quick distraction to avoid anymore of the conversation.

She had high hopes that weak attempt of a distraction would work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Mon May 18, 2015 12:11 am

Dwek was leaning against a tree just off of the road. His back was facing a river. This wasn't a conscious decision by him because there was no way he could have known what was potentially going to happen. Occasionally Dwek would look back at the river. He was trying his best to attempt the urge to go into it; not to mention he was feeling a bit warm.

After a while Dwek finally relaxed a little. He slowly, yet surely, receded into his own thoughts. Why had she shown up? Why would they start worrying about him now, and more importantly if they knew where he was why were they not trying to end him? Soon he spent less time worrying about what they were doing and instead was reflecting upon everything once more.

There was so much that happened since he had left. Even though he had done a lot of things and had been to several places since his departure from Wyrmenhiem he didn't worry about any of it as much as he did his actions. He was slowly trying to figure out if he was right to be bitter towards the other three. He was still battling the urge to return "home" to his master. And above all else he was trying to decipher whether or not his actions were justified back at the camp before he left. He was becoming tired; though, physical exhaustion was taking its toll there was his view of self. Before he left Wyrmnhiem he was known as a successor, a warrior, he even had a sense of camaraderie. However, since then people have seen him as a sword or, at most, a barbaric vagabond. Of course he was to blame for this.

A frog croaked and shook him out of his thoughts.

Am I becoming soft?  

He looked back at the river again. He made a quick scan around to make sure no one was around. He didn't see anything; however, temptation might have hurried his scan. He bent down in the shallows of the river. He passed water over his body in an attempt to clean what he could off of him. The cool water made it feel as though divines spirits were coddling him. His long hair fell into the river and bits of dirt, mud, dried blood, and many other things were slowly pulled away. He took care when touching his head and hair as he didn't want to be too rough. Lastly he cupped his hand and splashed water onto his face a few times. It was extremely refreshing.

Dwek hated it when his hair was wet. Didn't like how it flopped around and slapped at him. Pulling some twine out of his rucksack he quickly tied a sloppy knot. As he tied his hair the twine kept brushing against the wound on his hand. He would wait until later to bandage it. He would just ignore the pain and enjoy the tingling sensation left behind.

Afterwards he examined his reflection in the river. With his hair in a giant ponytail that was centered a bit too high, along with his sloppy bangs still free of restraint, he began to resemble the people of Fedonia. Well, except for the few facial scars. He didn't like it but he'd put up with it until his hair dried.

What's taking them so long? They aren't waiting for me are they?

Deciding that he spent too much time by the river he returned to the tree and resumed the waiting game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Dhadaeryn nodded his head toward the steering wheel, his eye having caught everything he needed to know. She was a tricky one, but she was unable to hide everything as well as she wanted to.

"Nice diversion, drive if you feel like finding him. There's a river not too far..."

His mind side-tracked for a second. Something seemed off and he didn't know what it was, but he felt that he should have checked something before leaving. Then it hit him, they're in war. Even Evysa would have known about this.

"Eliana this is important, I need you to stay on the road. This vehicle NEVER leaves the road, no matter what." he said, his voice slightly stressed and a bit weaker than usual as he spoke in her language. He then turned to Goldy, questioning what he was thinking. If he was right, then he could seriously be putting her in danger right now.

But she's a bounty hunter, and danger is her job. He leaned in to her ear and spoke swiftly but silently.

"I need you to put your hunting to the test. I made a mistake in my calculations, look for anybody who looks suspicious. If you find someone, do not engage them..."

Pause...

"Chances are, if they find you alone, you're going to die."

He leaned back and closed his eyes, thinking. He put his hands to his head and breathed in slowly.
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:08 pm

The mood of the two's conversation seemed to turn when Eliana's tone turned somewhat defensive and began to huff. "Where did Dweknel even go?" She asked suddenly. Goldy lifted her head again.

"Somewhere." Goldy said in a quiet sing-song voice.

Dhadaeryn nodded towards the steering wheel before saying something once more in the other language.

She watched his face change suddenly from one emotion to something that hinted at concern. His voice was stressed. "Eliana this is important, I need you to stay on the road. This vehicle NEVER leaves the road, no matter what."

"What's up?" Goldy said, her tone alert as she glanced around. Did he see something? Know something? He turned towards her and leaned towards her ear once more, his voice less than a whisper.

"I need you to put your hunting to the test. I made a mistake in my calculations, look for anybody who looks suspicious. If you find someone, do not engage them..."

Though he paused, he remained at her ear. She looked off into the wilderness, adrenaline entering her bloodstream. Dhadaeryn knew someone was out there, and that someone was obviously a threat. Why shouldn't she engage? Engaging would get them out of the way and keep everyone from harm. She'd take care of whoever it was, surely-

"Chances are, if they find you alone, you're going to die."

Her gold eyes flashed in his direction as he leaned back, his eyes closed. He went on to put his hands on his head and do... breathing exercises? Eh. So... find them, don't let them find you... She gave a curt nod before she climbed quickly from the thingy and jogged into the field, her head moving almost mechanically side to side to check for any suspicious shapes or movements. "I'll meet you at the town. Get going." She said over her shoulder, her voice carrying just enough that they could hear it.

Her figure got smaller and smaller as she set herself on the trail of a couple sets of tracks. The aftersmell of rain was strong, the wind blowing lightly. She found herself wishing that she had grown up knowing such smells and sensations, but she quickly shook her head, clearing her mind for the task at hand. Mud squished beneath her boots and she made a small sound of disgust.

Last edited by Kitty Calamity on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:34 pm

"Nice diversion, drive if you feel like finding him. " Her plan worked out a bit in her favor. However, it baffled her to know that he knew she was lying, or maybe he waw just being genuine about the diversion. After all, he didn't mention anything about her being worried or aggressive. "There's a river not too far.." Dhadaeryn was sidetracked about something now.

He spoke to her directly again. "Eliana this is important, I need you to stay on the road. This vehicle NEVER leaves the road, no matter what." Geez. The way she was taking orders from the kid, the less she was like her own person. I wonder if the other fae had to deal with this. Eliana thought, thinking about Evysa. She was like a second hand man to this kid, wasn't she? Either way, she wasn't much of her own person-- or so Eliana thought.

She wasn't going to say anything, though. It probably wouldn't have been that nice for her if she did, so she simply listened to what he had to say to Goldy once he turned to her.

"I need you to put your hunting to the test. I made a mistake in my calculations, look for anybody who looks suspicious. If you find someone, do not engage them..." All Eliana could think about right now was how bossy he was. The perks of being a prince, probably. She rolled her eyes, but contnued to listen in even if what he had to say to both of them annoyed her. He paused for a few seconds, then continued what he was saying. "Chances are, if they find you alone, you're going to die."

Eliana gave a smug smile. Before Goldy leaped fom the odd vehicle thing, she spoke up with a sarcastic, and not so friendly remark, "Be sure not to mess up, Goldy! I don't want to have to miss you."

What was she doing now? She forgot after all the demands the prince gave the two. I can't believe she took orders from a kid so quickly. She sighed in her thoughts, then looked to the wheel in front of her. Oh, yeah. She was going to drive to the river. Wouldn't it just be easier to walk? She thought, sounding lazy even in her own mind. Oh well. She held her hands up to the wheel and stared at it for a while, just trying to think about moving the thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:32 am

Dwek sat there wating. He thought about trying to sleep but something was off. He was gradually losing feeling in his injured hand. Been a while since I've felt this.

He did what he could to pass the time while keeping his eyes looking in front of him...most of the time. He felt as though he should keep looking around the horizon. He couldn't tell if he was just being paranoid or if it was instinctual. His eyes would occasionally dart down the road for a couple of seconds at most.

They enjoy taking their time don't they.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:37 pm

He waited and looked up as Goldy left, his eyes then cast toward Eliana. He rummages over and sits next to her in the front, his eyes darting around as he tries to figure out what needs to be done. If they are attacked, Eliana would have to fight, and they would both most likely die, but if Goldy gets caught, then by the time they catch up Dweknel will be back with the group, and chances are that they won't be able to take out both Dweknel and Eliana...

He closed his eyes once more, and then he heard a giggle from the back of the cart.

"So you're the little prince, huh?"

Female, young, light. Dhadaeryn turns and faces her, and all he sees is a woman in dark red and black clothing with a red hood. The clothing seemed to have light black armor that was flexible, but padded for protection in vital areas. She also wore a mask and a hood, the mask black and the hood dark red. She looked to Eliana, and then snapped her fingers, fire sparking from them and igniting the back of the vehicle.

Dhadaeryn jumped into Eliana and knocked her into the door of the vehicle, it busting open and both of them falling onto the ground. The push caused Eliana to fall first, and Dhadaeryn just hoped she wouldn't hit her head. Dhadaeryn just barely managed to catch his fall on his hands, but still stumbled forward still, landing on Eliana's stomach. As he hit Eliana, his hand had slipped into her boot and pulled out a dagger. The assassin stood up, the fire bursting around her and taking out the vehicle.

"Dhadaeryn, do you know what I am?" she asked, stepping over the vehicle and Dhadaeryn pushed himself up and off of Eliana, the blade of a sword at her neck..

"Don't move." he said in Eliana's native tongue, his hand brushing over hers with the dagger in it. He let go, giving it to her, and stood slightly. He needed a distraction. The Assassin raised her brow, pulling out a second sword. She swings with a quick movement.

"You're Lilith, the Firestarter." he says quickly, and the blade stops just at his throat. It then slowly moves away, her thoughts careful.

"Nobody knows that name." she says, slightly annoyed and somewhat shaken. "What else do you know?"

"You grew up in Basmotos as a magic inventor, and you created many different things. You are also known as being a rather charming person in terms of appearance, and one day you disappeared. Never would have expected that you were picked up by a group of assassins."

He paused.

"A highly prestigious group. Red and black clothing, hand made to fit you. You're part of a group with no name. No wonder you're taking us on by yourself." he was quieter now.

"How's your father?"

Suddenly she burst into action, he fell backward, kicking the dagger up, and Lilith suddenly tripped over Eliana, whom she forgot about completely. Eliana could take over from there as Dhadaeryn exhaled in pain. Lilith smiled, but with a cringe. She rushed herself off of Eliana before it got too far, and she got ready with her swords, blood oozing from a wound that pierced between her armor plates, left side of her stomach.

”Try keeping her alive, please.” Dhadaeryn asked Eliana in a pained tone as he sat up. “There’s no such thing as playing dirty.” He added in her language.

"Hands up, pretty girl." said a voice in Goldy's ear, a dagger already to her throat. This man, whoever he was, had more experience than Eliana when it came to sneaking about. "I'd rather not kill you just yet..." His other hand held a dagger at her stomach, any form of movement would cause it to scrape against her skin and cut her. He stood there, watching in the direction she came from.

Then he saw it, smoke.

"Looks like your vehicle is aflame now, though I don't think they'll be dead that easily. Dhadaeryn is a smart boy, after-all." the voice continues. He brings the flat of the knife to her skin and traces down the neck with it, before pulling it away completely and spinning her around. She was then held slightly close, but the knife was again at her throat, the other one slightly poking into her side. Now she had a clear view of his eyes, his clothing the same as Lilith's except custom fit to him.

His eyes mimicked that of a snake. Vibrantly blue snake eyes. He was looking over Goldy's appearance, and was mildly entertained.

"Dhadaeryn is too smart. He didn't want you to do reconnaissance, he wanted you to fight." he says, a smile forming on his face as he backs away and pulls back his hood. He dropped a dagger and pulled out his short-sword, and, without waiting for her to react, he struck with great speed. He backed away quickly as her shirt split down the middle, but she was left untouched. He then took off the mask to show his face.

"Luckily for me, I'm very precise. I can fight without harming the prize." he says, and he points the tip of the blade forward. "Unlucky you though, I like to keep my prizes." he chuckled, before adding in a playful and mocking tone "Be my prize?"

He grinned, all of his teeth pointed.

"Hey, big brute." yelled a deep, coarse voice at Dweknel, a bulky man stepping forward, though Dweknel still was taller. The man quickly drew a greatsword and swung it with force at Dweknel, no joking or fun. His job was to kill them and do it quickly, so that's what he would do.

Though, he always played dirty.

He was wielding a magic sword, and the moment it would come in contact with Dweknel, or with anything, it would burst into flames.

Last edited by Ezoroth on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Eliana's stare was directly on the wheel. They hadn't moved too far before she could hear something from behind her, and then a voice. "So you're the little prince, huh?", then a snap. Looking behind with worry, she couldn't see much- just somebody in a hood and a mask, soon following was a cloud of smoke and a fire on the vehicle thing. Without being given much reaction time, Dhadaeryn has shoved her out of the door.

When she had hit the ground, she closed her eyes with worry of debris or being attacked, which wasn't a very sound defensive mechanism as she still felt the pain of being used to push open a closed door, hitting a road so suddenly, and being landed on by another person. Eliana blinked open one eye, not sure what just happened but seeing the vehicle thing being totally destroyed. Oh, my God. She opened both eyes to take in the entire view, in shock at the destruction. I could've died. Her gaze was locked onto the mess.

"Dhadaeryn, do you know what I am?" The unfamiliar voice spoke again, and when it did Dhadaeryn stood up catching Eliana's attention, causing her to look at him, and the mysterious person who nearly killed her. She had no idea who this person was. Eliana had never encountered someone who was so potentially dangerous that they could destroy a vehicle with one hit, except maybe Dweknel because he was massive and who knows what type of damage he could do. Honestly, concerning back to the person's question, Eliana thought that Dhadaeryn might not know. A hooded and masked person can't be too easy to figure out.

"Don't move." He said in the fae language, then calmly handed her dagger to her. She watched carefully to see how he would try to patch things up, or answer the question. Then, the assassin pulled out another sword and held it to his neck. Eliana glared at the person, tightening her grip on her dagger. Lucky for Eliana daggers would be much easier to throw than a full sword, but being told not to move was much more important than going by her own instincts by now. "You're Lilith, the Firestarter." Dhadaeryn said in a quick voice. How could he tell through all of that mask nonsense? Eliana thought to herself, and still kept her full attention on this "Lilith" person. She put her blade back down, but Eliana's tight grip on her dagger hadn't gone away.

"Nobody knows that name." Lilith said. That name? Eliana questioned. What type of try hard do you have to be to have two names around here? Talk about greedy. She ignored whatever Lilith had said, far too busy making comments in her mind to care about the only real threat.

"You grew up in Basmotos as a magic inventor, and you created many different things. You are also known as being a rather charming person in terms of appearance, and one day you disappeared. Never would have expected that you were picked up by a group of assassins." Dhadaeryn said, giving a full back story to this now not-so-mysterious character. There was a pause, though, then he had said something quietly. She wish she had heard, but couldn't do much about it.

Then, without warning, Lilith had asked a rather spontaneous question, "How's your father?", then broke into an attack. Dhadaeryn fell backwards, then a foot got caught on Eliana's side, tripping Lilith. Eliana got up as soon as she realised she would have to, and readied her dagger. Her eyebrows were furrowed into a scowl, noticing how Lilith was smiling. What the hell? Eliana thought, holding her weapon tightly, trying not to show any sign of dread. Her eyes flickered to a slight spot of blood on Lilith's side. She held her glance on the wound, considering how could she would have to move to stab her and try to tear across the rest of the magic maker's stomach. The idea wasn't the most appealing, and it wouldn't be easy, either. Moving her gaze back to Lilith's face, she exhaled sharply, holding back her worry.

"Try keeping her alive, please.” Dhadaeryn said, then added in  “There’s no such thing as playing dirty.”  Eliana gave a shaky smirk. The challenge wouldn't have been fighting Lilith, as Eliana could fight until she died, but keeping her alive would have made everything much more complicated. Also, Lilith's magic would also add a barrier to how much damage Eliana could do. Even though Eliana was magical, too, it had been pretty obvious from her driving the now destroyed vehicle that it wasn't her strong point. She would have to act quickly, though. Lilith was fast, so if she hadn't done anything soon there could be real danger for her and Dhadaeryn.

Her basic knowledge of anatomy wouldn't help too much, however it would only be common sense that avoiding cutting into vital organs would also be avoiding murder. She also knew that her neck wouldn't be a very safe space to attack either. Eliana then considered the armor that Lilith was wearing. Can I really even get a hit in? She squinted, trying to find a place she can strike. There wasn't much of a choice, was there. Eliana looked back to the wound between the plates of armor. I guess it's worth a stab. She smiled softly. Heh. Her stupid pun calmed her down a bit.

Then, abruptly, Eliana ran at Lilith, aiming her dagger for the wound she had her eyes lined on. She was fairly shaky, not wanting to mess up her first attack as it would prove deadly if she made a simple mistake on her first strike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:57 am

A little farther down the hill Goldy went, her eyes peeled in front of her. The terrain was flat for a good distance in all directions except back, and she felt a little disappointed that she couldn't spot anyone. What if the one Dhadaeryn's worried about already found them? She thought, panic rising in her chest. Something felt off. Just as she was about to turn around and backtrack, a whisper caught her off guard.

"Hands up, pretty girl." Confusion filled her more than fear, for she had no idea how someone could've snuck up on her that easily. She attempted to catch a glance of the voice but quickly realized that there was a cold blade held to her neck. Letting out a low sigh, she raised her gloved hands slightly. So this is what it's like, huh?

"I'd rather not kill you just yet..." He said, his voice carrying an unfamiliar tone that she didn't like. She felt a second dagger at her stomach. She whispered a curse under her breath and thought about how she could safely escape from the hold the stranger had her in.

Then, the tone of the whole encounter changed. "Looks like your vehicle is aflame now, though I don't think they'll be dead that easily. Dhadaeryn is a smart boy, after-all."

"W-what?" She stammered, her eyes widening. When she left she expected that they'd be okay. How did the vehicle catch on fire? Was it a band of bandits? Assassins? Why would they try to kill a ki-

Well, he is a royal one...

Everything clicked in her head and she mentally facepalmed. "Oh my god..." She whispered. They were targets. The three sets of footprints... She hoped that everyone was okay. Their journey had just begun and she hadn't got to know them as well as she would've liked to. Even Eliana.

Goldy's eyes slowly closed when she felt the flat of the knife dance down her neck. She hated those that played with their victims, and was sad to say that she knew a couple of them back at the guild. She had always hoped that if it came to something like this, she'd get a killer like herself. Grant a last word, then bring a swift end.

Who knew what this guy would do?

The knife suddenly disappeared from her throat, but before she could react she was spun around and once more put into another hold, the knife once more placed at the spot she had sliced quite a few times. Now she was facing him, able to examine him. His eyes, like that of a snake's, were fairly unsettling as they ran over her. They made her breath catch in her throat. What is he?

"Dhadaeryn is too smart. He didn't want you to do reconnaissance, he wanted you to fight." Said the snake-eyed man. Goldy watched as he backed away and pulled down the hood of an outfit that could've belonged to a group. It looked familiar but she couldn't exactly pinpoint where she had seen it before.

Did he?

The words of Dhadaeryn echoed in her head. Chances are, if they find you alone, you're going to die. He said not to engage, but it looked like she would have no choice now. She readied her finger over the buttons on her gloves.

He dropped his dagger and pulled out a short-sword that was practically no mat-slice!

She gasped, quickly stepping back in reaction to what was the fastest attack she'd ever seen. There was a second or two where she simply stared at the ground, waiting for the pain to set in. All she felt, however, was a draft. She glanced down to see that the only thing he had cut was her shirt, zuppashi straight down the center. The only way in which she could react was through a scoff. I should really invest in thicker clothing... She thought as her golden eyes locked with snake's, her countenance angry. This was my favorite shirt.

"Luckily for me, I'm very precise. I can fight without harming the prize." He said, pointing the blade forward. Prize? Her eyebrows furrowed. "Unlucky you though, I like to keep my prizes."

He chuckled before adding, in a voice that might've made her laugh had it been a different situation, "Be my prize?" He smiled, his mouth full of sharp teeth. A shiver went down her spine at the sight of it.

The whole situation didn't seem that safe, but she didn't know what else she could do. He was fast. She wouldn't make it that far before he'd catch her. She took in a deep breath as a breeze blew between them, ignoring the chill that spread over her torso. Slowly, her right arm rose to match his gesture, one of her fingers slowly sliding to a button a little farther back. She readied her other arm to fly to any other direction in response to his speed, a finger on that hand still poised over the first button. She tilted her head to the side.

"You have to win me first." She said with a smirk, her voice smooth. Then, she pressed the buttons with confidence. The mechanism on her left arm released the blade from under her sleeve, as it did back in Zaphis. However, when the posterior button was pressed on her right hand, the blade shot out at high speeds right towards the snake-eyed man's chest, attached by a thin, flexible cord.

Last edited by Kitty Calamity on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:56 pm

Dweknel looked down the road again before hearing footsteps coming right at him.

Oh?

"Hey, big brute."

A greatsword came shooting at Dweknel. He rolled towards his new found opponent and after recovering lunged towards his abdomen with the curve of his dagger facing himself. However, he fell short of his mark. The numbness in his arm was spreading throughout his body; something was off though. It refused to cross over to the left side of his body.

Well fuck me.

As the numbness would spread it would become harder for Dwek to tell how much force he was actually putting behind his actions.

He rolled to the right so that he was a good distance between him and his opponent. His hand met the rugged handle of his greatsword as he pulled over him. Now he was ready to fight. In his right hand was his trusty bone dagger while in his left was his greatsword. Even with his extensive training holding it one handed was still a challenge.

Then he spoke.

"What country you from?"

As he waited for an answer he raised his guard. To be completely honest he didn't know whether or not to expect an answer. It was because of this that his opponent would most likely be able to strike first again.

Just to make sure there wasn't anyone else he glanced to his sides then saw it.

Why is that tree on fire?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Dhadaeryn stood up and exhaled in pain as Eliana ran forward, his eyes starting to sting. It didn't matter much if they kept Lilith alive, to be honest. Well, it wouldn't matter, anyway. Lilith had her eyes on Eliana from the moment she got up and was ready for what she thought she'd do. The moment Eliana made her move, one of Lilith's swords laid flat against the wound, the other one pointed forward, ready to cut straight thro--

She stepped on something sharp and lost her balance, just barely missing her mark and stabbing through Eliana's shoulder instead, the short-sword nudged down and the dagger hitting home. She yelped in pain before dropping her sword that she was using to block the dagger and snapping her fingers, fire expanding around them. Dhadaeryn watched in confusion as the fire ignored Eliana's skin, but caught on the clothing and set it on fire.

How does that work?

He'd continue pondering it if he had had the time to, but at the moment there were bigger things he needed to worry about. He quickly rolled away, his mind racing with thoughts on how he was going to get them out of this situation. He needed to figure it out. He needed to. What was he going to do, though? He looked back up, and then it clicked. He looked at the vehicle and saw the wheel about three feet away. This would work, but he'd need to act quickly and he'd need to figure out what he was going to do with it.

How far can magic reach? How strongly could he affect things? Well, only one way to find out. He started scrambling toward the wheel, his eyes darting to Lilith in case she were to catch onto what he's doing.

The half-demon smirked, he liked her attitude.

He also liked what he saw underneath that shirt of hers. Suddenly, he heard a click and his eyes focused as his body moved, his hand with the dagger a flash of light in the air, the blade knocking away the oncoming attack. As he did this, he a thin line in the air, his eyes widening as he responded with a downwards slash directly for her shoulder, a trick. The moment the blade got near her, he would tilt it back so that, even if she blocked it, it would slide smoothly off of the surface it hit. He would then redirect it and stab at her, but it would only cut through the clothing again.

His dagger, however, he let go in a throw at her, the blade aiming directly at Goldy's weapon arm.

A wave of his hand down towards another dagger on his side, a magic circle sparking to life on the palm as the earth under Goldy slides and pushes her, her body moving forward and toward him. He quickly made to parry whatever attack would come next, his dagger in a path toward her throat again.

Of course, he'd stop it short.

He didn't want to kill her.

Maybe.

"Wyrmenheim!" the man called out after pacing back a little, then running forward in a full swing, letting go of the sword and pushing it forward in a throw. He then dodged to the side and threw a couple of throwing knives toward Dweknel, his body suddenly changing direction again as it went straight at him, an under-handed punch aiming for Dweknel's gut, a dagger in hand to parry Dweknel's.

Last edited by Ezoroth on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Goldy grunted when the snake-eyed man moved out of the way of her flying blade with ease, his dagger knocking it away in a flash. He advanced on her, going in for a slash at her shoulder. Block... reel... She thought, stepping back and preparing for impact. She raised her left blade to ward off the attack and inched a slender finger on her right hand back to the posterior button, her teeth bared and her fiery eyes focused. Upon pressing it, the blade that had been fired zipped back into place. By the time she heard the satisfying click, however, the snake-eyed man's dagger had slid off her blade and was coming at her again, his speed leaving her in awe.

She inhaled sharply, eyebrows furrowed. Goldy had always hated those who were faster than her, for speed was often her specialty. She didn't have much time to do much of anything in this battle and it was getting on her nerves.

Not to mention, she was starting to fear for her life a little. Just a little.

She attempted to block the dagger's stab with her arm, to avoid getting any mortal wounds. She braced for pain once more, but none came. There was just a thin hole in the sleeve of her shirt now. Her eyes narrowed in annoyance. I need to get back to the others as soon as possible and I'm stuck here with someone who won't even hit--

The ground lurched beneath her and she couldn't help but gasp in surprise. "Magic!?" She growled, eyes rolling. She was moving steadily towards the stranger against her will, the earth beneath her betraying her, speeding her towards her demise. Okay... try a lunge?

Goldy lunged forward, hoping to use the speed of her involuntary travel to her advantage, blades ready to deal some damage.

Suddenly, a sharp pain filled her entire right arm. She cried out, her eyes desperately searching for the source. She felt her left blade slide away from a parry as her eyes met the dagger that had pierced her arm. Her breath was suddenly jagged as she edged closer and closer to the son-of-a-bitch that put must've thrown it there.

She glowered up at him, his dagger nearing her throat.

As rage and adrenaline entered her small being, the pain in her arm seemingly disappeared. She locked eyes with the man, and as soon as she gathered the power she knocked the dagger to the side and ducked down. She lurched forward and aimed to plunge both blades into his stomach, keeping her body low. If that failed, she was perched on her feet and ready to knock his feet from under him. If that failed she was ready to tackle him to the ground.

She was ready to do whatever she could to kill him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   

Back to top Go down

Beginnings in Zaphis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4