Roleplay Forum

A forum for me and my friends to write on.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Kokami yawned, and suddenly she jumped. "Akira-san!" she said, somewhat happily. Akira made his way over and poked her.

"Awaken." he says, and he left her side as Kokami walked over to Natsuki. "Wait, shouldn't we hear what she says?" he asks, and Kokami stops. "Of course, but it is her choice whether or not she says."

Sinthia watches closely, and she opened her mouth to speak, but before she could manage the words Akira spoke again. "Just hurry, Kuchiki, we need to get this over with."

"Don't call me that!"

"Fine, Koko, just hurry up." he retorted, and she grumbled angrily and walked back over to Natsuki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-fun.forumotion.com
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Natsuki looked up at the blonde, biting her lip with anxiety. "Hi. My turn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Atsumi opened her eyes and tried to speak. "blrrrpphewf!" The fuck was that? She watched KoKo move over to Natsuki. Atsumi wondered if she'd go through the same?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:34 pm

"Nighty night, little one." Kokami says, doing the same to her. The last thing she would see is the skull tattoo.

Sinthia watches intently, still pondering what is going on. "Koko?" she asks, and Kokami looks back at her, somewhat upset and a little offended.

"I would like you to refer to me by my position or my title." she replies.

"What's your title?"

"Kenpachi, I am Kenpachi Kokami." she says, and she gives Sinthia a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:48 pm

"Kenpachi, I am Kenpachi Kokami."

This shook Atsumi from her foundations. When she heard this she got up and walked over to Kokami. When she got to her she meant to grab her shoulders and ask if she was joking. However, her brain was still a little fucked after what she just went through. So instead she kissed her. THIS SUCKS ASS! THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED TO DO!

chu~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:49 pm

"Nighty night, little one." nononononoNO
The skull passed over her face and she winced in panic before going limp.

She opened her eyes slowly, scared of what she'd see. To her surprise she saw her mother's face looking back at her like a giant. She realized she was a baby, held within her mother's latino arms.
Natsuki had forgotten that her mother could smile. She glanced to the side just in time to see her tall father bending over the bed, holding toddler Yama in his arms. Everyone was excited and normal. She giggled a little, her eyes closing in the process.

She opened her eyes. She was outside in a cute little dress, sitting in the grass. She couldn't be older than two. Yama, age five, stood in front of her with a flower crown. "You're the flower queen!" He exclaimed as he tossed it at her. She caught it and placed it on her head with a wide smile. She stood up.
"And you're the evil... guy!" She said, pointing at him, eyebrows furrowed. She picked up a toy sword and got into position to declare war.
There was laughter from the balcony: mom and dad.
"No, you're evil!" Yama countered with a smile.
"No you! I'm the goodest! Flowers are good!"
"Look what you're doing!"
She lowered the sword, embarrassed. "Y-your evil powers made me do it!"
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. She was in a gymnasium, kids running about with huge balls and trading cards. The only open window showed that it was snowing. Age six.
"Fujioka!" She turned around to see who called her name, the sound of many footsteps growing louder behind her. Two girls, one boy. Meiko, Hinaki, Ginjiro. Her stomach dropped. "Do you wanna play tag with us?" Meiko asked. Natsuki smiled and laughed as she nodded. Of course, of course!
"I ain't playing tag with Fujioka! She's too fast!" Hinaki exclaimed, crossing her arms.
"Am not!" Natsuki said, a smug smile on her face that said otherwise.
"I bet I'm faster!" Ginjiro challenged, jogging in place.
"Wanna bet!?" Natsuki said with a sly smile. "Race me!"
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. She sat on her white couch watching cartoons, a goofy smile on her face as the characters said something funny. Age eight. Yama was at a friends and she had complete control over the remote.
She heard a loud bump come from upstairs, followed by her mother's shout. She looked up at the ceiling, confused. She reached for the remote and turned down the volume to see what was going on.
"Don't lie to me!" Her father shouted above.
"I'm not!"
Thump.
The front door opened. It was Yama. He was much taller, the skin their father gave to him sunburnt. "I forgot a change of clothes." He muttered as he climbed the stairs. Mother passed him on the way by and retreated into the kitchen, her eyes dark.
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. She was in a car with grown Meiko, Hinaki, and Ginjiro. Age ten. Hinaki's mom was driving and her big sister sat in the passenger seat, talking about the movie they had just seen. As usual, a smile was plastered on Natsuki's face. She nudged Ginjiro in the arm, who nudged her back until it turned into a minor play-fight.
"Cut it out!" Hinaki's mother snapped. They snapped back to their original positions. Hinaki whispered something in Meiko's ear and Meiko looked astonished. "You two are dating?"
"What? No!" Ginjiro cried, shaking his head wildly. Natsuki did the same, her face turning red with embarrassment. Hinaki's sister laughed.
"Your stop, Natsuki." Hinaki's mom said. Natsuki pushed through the door, bag in hand. She waved goodbye, closed the door behind her, and ran through the front door of her house just in time to see her father down another bottle of alcohol, her mother crying on the floor nearby.
"What happened?"
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. She was on a track field, ready to launch herself forward. Age thirteen. A whistle shot through the air and she burst forward along with the other racers. She almost instantly had the lead, her long, dark hair trailing behind her as she wound around the track once-twice-three times. The whistle blew again. She cheered, clapping her hands together and clasping them under her chin. First. She heard Yama and mom's voice scream praise of the crowd.
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. She was looking out her window. It was night and the streetlight and her lamp glinting off the glass and making it difficult to see the scene below. Age fourteen. The cop car's lights still whirled around, casting colors upon the tar. Her father was in the back, face covered in blood. Yama was crying downstairs. Mother was out talking to an officer. Natsuki just stared in awe.
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. She was standing in front of the open bathroom door and Yama was within, razor in hand. His hair was in a multi-colored mohawk and his clothes were adorned with studs and spikes.
"What are you doing?"
Blood dripped into the bathtub.
"Get the fuck away!" He screamed and kicked the door closed. She looked down at the floor. She hadn't seen mom in a couple days. She had been at work a lot more. She says it's so they can keep a good income, she can get a promotion and the family can keep going.
She looked back up the door and let the tears flow.
She blinked them away.

She opened her eyes. She was sitting down on the bottom row of the bleachers beside Ginjiro. She had just won another track game. His arm was around her shoulders and he pulled her in close, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Good job." He said.
"Thanks for coming." She muttered.
"Somebody had to." He replied. She glanced over her shoulder at the place her mother and brother once sat.
Age fifteen.
She blinked.

She opened her eyes.
"Yama, please stop!" Natsuki cried as he poured more alcohol into a glass. He had drank far too much. His friends laughed at her and passed around the smoking pipe.
"He ain't doin' nothin!" A girl shouted at her. "Get lost, kid!"
Natsuki glowered at her and glanced back at her brother. His skin was pale and there were horrible bags under his eyes. He wore a simple tanktop that left his arms exposed. The tops were covered in pricks and the bottoms were covered in cuts. He was gone. He took another drink and laughed with his friends.
"I'm calling mom."
A bottle flew at her head.
She blinked.

She opened her eyes.
"Mom, please!" She whispered into the phone.
"He's a grown boy. He'll be fine. He'll snap... snap... snap out of it..." Her mother's sleepy voice mumbled back into the phone.
"I need your help, mom!" Natsuki cried. "What are you doing!?"
Her mother only made a noise in reply.
Natsuki hung up, angry. Betrayal. First Yama, and then her mother... She threw her cell phone onto the bathroom floor, which was drizzled with blood from her forehead. She began to cry. She looked into the mirror, admiring the misery before she punched and broke the glass.
She blinked.

She opened her eyes.
"What did you do with your hair...?" Hinaki hissed when she walked through the school's doors. Age sixteen.
Natsuki simply shrugged.
"It looks dumb," She mumbled, turning to one of her friends to the side "Doesn't it, Chizue?"
"It looked much better before. Now she's just trying to be one of those emo freaks. Probably trying to get attention. Probably trying to be like her big bro. Don't see why she'd ever want that."
Ginjiro caught Natsuki's arm. "I think it looks cute." He said, smiling down at her. Natsuki conjured a smile, though there was no happiness in it. She hadn't felt happiness in a couple weeks. She was in a rut. "Why are you being so rude, Hina?"
"What about those marks on her arm, eh? What do you think of those?" Hinaki retorted, her cheeks burning.
A group of people walking by looked when she said the words, and they all made a small gasping noise.
Ginjiro's face flushed as he examined her arm, covered in pale cuts. Natsuki avoided his eyes.
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. Hinaki and her friends had knocked her tray from her hands in front of the school. Natsuki didn't know what'd she do about the stains. Everyone laughed. She stood there for a moment and watched as Hinaki kissed Ginjiro.
She then ran into the bathroom.
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. A new note on her locker from someone whose handwriting she recognized. "Nobody likes you anymore Smile." Hinaki really liked to spread her poison deep, didn't she? She sighed.
Why? What did she do? Why was what she said true?
She blinked.

She opened her eyes. Fridge was empty. Where was mom? "Yama, we're out of food."
"Good. Maybe you'll starve." He replied, words slurred.
She glared over her shoulder at him. Blink.

She opened her eyes. Oike, Tojinbo. Arms out, like a bird. She'd fly free. "Goodbye." The note said. Falling. Pain. Blur. Eyes close.

She opened her eyes. Happiness. New friends. Second chance. Blink.

Open. The battle with the lieutenant. Blink.

Open. She was in pitch darkness, but she could see a black mass in front of her, undefined in shape with only two white glowing eyes and a wicked, cruel smile. Whatever it was let out a low cackle as it circled her. She was floating in air that smelled of fire. Tears streamed down her face as she met its eyes, slightly nervous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Kokami turned to the Atsūmi as she stormed over, and then was kissed. Sinthia, surprised, raised her eyebrows before being able to express her thoughts about Kokami. Kokami, though, smiled and returned the kiss, her arming wrapping around Atsūmi's waist and pulling her closer. Akira sighed and started to drink from one of his flasks for a couple of seconds before snapping. Kokami smiled and pulled out of the kiss, looking Atsūmi directly in the eyes.

"Well, that was fun." Kokami said, giving a wink.

"Koko-chan, stop." Akira said, and Kokami looked over to him and laughed.

"Oh shush! You're just jealous... Though, if you want a kiss?"

"I'm fine, thanks."

"Hello, Natsuki." said a voice, it had a slight undertone beneath it, and sounded almost as though speaking through a mask, but it sounded from Natsuki's mind. "You have questions, if I am not mistaken, but listen to what I have to say first." it continued, a chuckle sounding after. Then, with a bit of a self-centered air, and a slightly slowed pattern of speech, it start again "I am here... To offer you a choice. This is a choice between life and... Well, surprisingly, death. Tell me, before anything else is said and done, what was your goal in life? After you answer this, well, you may ask anything you want, and I may answer."
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 am

"Hello, Natsuki." A creepy voice echoed through her mind. Her eyes widened in fear. "You have questions, if I am not mistaken, but listen to what I have to say first." It circled her and chuckled again. She struggled to keep her eyes on it.

It spoke slowly. "I am here... To offer you a choice. This is a choice between life and... Well, surprisingly, death. Tell me, before anything else is said and done, what was your goal in life? After you answer this, well, you may ask anything you want, and I may answer."

Choice between life and death? She bit her lip, wiping tears away with her sleeve. What was my goal? What questions would I even ask? She thought hard, cradling her arms. "I guess my goal was to live life to its fullest. Have fun with friends. Graduate and go to college. Maybe become an athlete. Or some kind of artist. Maybe both." She said quietly, shrugging at the end and looking down at her feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Atsumi was slightly angered that she couldn't convey what she wanted just yet. However, she didn't exactly hate what followed. Feeling an arm wrap around her waist she struggled to pull away before giving in completely.

Damn she's smooth.

She heard the Captain speak but didn't pay attention to what he said. When he stopped speaking she felt Kokami pull away her arm was still around her waist.

"Well, that was fun." Then she turned and started talking to Akira. Before she did Atsumi got a good look at her eyes. Well...This is going to be a pain in the ass. Atsumi then looked at Natsuki's body and wondered how she was doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:52 pm

"Good..." the voice said, and Death swirled around her. "Now, what is it that you would like to ask me? Be wary, your time is... Limited, I shall say."
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:56 pm

"Can I get out of this place, now?" She whispered, keeping her eyes locked on the thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Atsumi shifted attention and looked at Sinthia. "How long was I out for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:15 pm

"Not long enough." Sinthia growled, and Kokami looked at her with reproach. Akira, however, just took another sip from his flask.

"Hmm. That can't be all you want to ask. Obviously, you can't leave yet. Are you sure you wouldn't like to know about something? About anything? Maybe... Something from after your death?" Death said, and there was an eerie silence, as though Death was keeping quiet in order to hear the slightest sound.
Back to top Go down
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:21 pm

"Not long enough."

Atsumi heard this and a vein on the side of her head started pulsating. "Oh really?" she said with another forced smile on her face as the corner of one of her eyes twitched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:27 pm

She felt her heart flutter in her chest at the suggestion. Her pursed her lips and cleared her throat, glancing back down at her feet.

A good idea.

But did she really want to know?

She thought for a moment, the eerie silence enticing her. She looked back up at the darkness. "What happened after I died? To everyone? Mom? Yama? My fr-... my classmates?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:52 pm

"Yeah, now quiet, I'm thinking." Sinthia replied, and with that she sat down and closed her eyes.

"Oh, so you do want to know?" it paused for a couple seconds. "Well, let me think. Your family? All dead; your mother blamed herself, and your brother, for what you did. That note never made it to anybody, either. Your mother died in a drunk accident, and your brother died in a shooting. After they died, they argued about you, and eventually hollowfied. Now, your friends... Well, your one remaining friend, Ginjiro, had it much worse. You probably didn't notice, but Ginjiro saw you fall, and that pushed him over the edge, too. After seeing such a thing, he ran to where you were before, called for help, but about two minutes before help arrived, he too jumped after you.

He, too, hollowfied.

Now, let's make matters worse." it continued, a hellish laugh echoing in her head. "They were all killed by Quincy! Souls completely destroyed..." it then swirled back to face her.

"The rest of your classmates, you'll be glad to know, lived on. Hinaki, however, was blamed for your death and bullied for the years to come. Oh the irony!" it seemed to now be extensively happy.

"Anything... More?"
Back to top Go down
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:02 pm

Ignoring Sinthia she turned her attention back to Kokami.

"With how you're still holding me I'd say you want to dance." she said before placing her hand on Kokami's shoulder and using her free hand to grab Kokami's other hand, holding it up at the same level as her head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:10 pm

"Oh, so you do want to know...? Well, let me think. Your family? All dead," It said. It said it too simply, too bluntly. Natsuki's eyes widened and the air caught in her throat. Almost instantly, a sob escaped her throat. "Your mother blamed herself, and your brother, for what you did. That note never made it to anybody, either. Your mother died in a drunk accident, and your brother died in a shooting."

Shooting? She covered her face and brought her legs up to her chest, her crying starting to intensify.

"After they died, they argued about you, and eventually hollowfied." Hollowfied!? She could find them, purify them! Hope surged through her, though her misery overshadowed it almost completely.

"Now, your friends... Well, your one remaining friend, Ginjiro, had it much worse. You probably didn't notice, but Ginjiro saw you fall, and that pushed him over the edge, too. After seeing such a thing, he ran to where you were before, called for help, but about two minutes before help arrived, he too jumped after you."

"No!" She cried, kicking out and sending herself spinning as though she was in zero gravity. She swung her arms around, her eyes squeezed shut. Could this end up being a dream? A bad dream? Please?

Tears floated from her face and into the darkness.

"Now, let's make matters worse." She shook her head, clasping her hands over her ears. "Stop! No more!"

She couldn't escape. Its laugh echoed in her head. Cruel, hellish. "They were all killed by Quincy! Souls completely destroyed..."

She let out a wail. Long, broken, raw. It quickly turned into a blood-curdling scream that echoed in the darkness. She could feel her heart shatter into a million sharp, needle-like pieces in her chest. "Nononono!"

"The rest of your classmates, you'll be glad to know, lived on. Hinaki, however, was blamed for your death and bullied for the years to come. Oh the irony!" In response, Natsuki stopped screaming and pulled herself into the fetal position, her lungs begging for air as sobs ripped through them.

"Anything... More?"

She didn't reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Kokami smiled, but shook her head.

"Can't dance, but maybe later." she said, and she kissed Atsūmi again, holding it, while slithering Atsūmi's arms off of her and backing off. She gave another wink and sat down, waiting.

Death gave another laugh. "Now, your choice. Life. Or. Death? If you choose life, you will be able to relive your life as though nothing ever killed you. You'll be back on that cliff, and something will stop you. Of course, you won't remember anything at all. You'll live you life, though.

Unless you choose Death, in which I will give you three... Prophecies. More doom? Maybe. If your past was that bad, how bad can your future be?" it gave a mirthless laugh and continued. "You choose one of these prophecies to live with, and remember nothing of this entire ordeal. Now, what's your choice?"
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:40 pm

She listened to Death laugh. "Now, your choice. Life. Or. Death? If you choose life, you will be able to relive your life as though nothing ever killed you. You'll be back on that cliff, and something will stop you. Of course, you won't remember anything at all. You'll live your life, though."

If I choose life and never jump off that cliff, no one else would die... at least not because she died... She thought. Maybe even the thing that would stop me would be... Ginjiro... She could feel her grabbing her arm.

But... nothing else would be better...

Everyone who died... they were better off now than they were living. Life is cruel. She bit her lip.

"Unless you choose Death, in which I will give you three... Prophecies. More doom? Maybe. If your past was that bad, how bad can your future be?" it gave a mirthless laugh and continued. "You choose one of these prophecies to live with, and remember nothing of this entire ordeal. Now, what's your choice?"

She flinched at its laugh.

Hopefully my future won't be that horrible. I have new friends, a new life, a second chance.

Life scared her, but it was desirable all the same. She furrowed her brow as she thought.

Prophecy... she repeated in her mind. She shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut. She wanted to stay dead, but...

but...

"...death..." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Atsumi sat down and watched Natsuki with most of her attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:46 pm

"One, one of your friends will meet an untimely doom, and there is nothing you can do to save them. Two, you are destined to wield a power rivaled only by Death itself. Three, there will be a time when you come face to face with Death, and you will have to make a powerful decision.

Which of these three do you wish to remember? This is all you will remember."
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Hmm...

Knowing a friend will die didn't sound fun. She'd rather feel better trying to help when the time comes than know there's nothing she can do.

Destined to be all-powerful? She'd leave that as a surprise.

So...

Third option was the best bet. It could end up being important.

"Option three." She said bitterly, wiping her eyes again.

She was happy she wouldn't have to remember the destruction of those she loved, at least. She'd have rather not remembered anything at all but hey...

She'll take what she can get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Atsumi started to doze off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezoroth
Gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:11 am

"Aaaaakiiiii-saaaaan!" Kokami said, and she Shunpo'd to Sinthia without giving her a second chance to argue. Akira sighed, and instead of waking Natsuki up he used Shunpo to get next to Atsūmi. His hand flashed across her face and she would pass out before knowing what happened.

"Koko, we need to talk about what we're going to do with her when she's done." he said, referring to Sinthia. Kokami looked over in surprise, and before she could question him he continued. "If we let her reach even Shikai we're going to have a problem. Do --"

"Do you know my prophecy from Death?" she said, cutting him off. "Let me put it this way, if the little one also survives, our time is limited. Best make the most out of it while you can." she finished, and Akira was slightly pale.

"Need a drink?" he asked, throwing her a flask without waiting for an answer, she walked up to him and held out her arm.

"This your strongest stuff?" she asked, and he laughed.

"Second strongest." he replied while holding up his own flask and putting his arm out. They locked elbows and chugged.

Sinthia blanked, her eyes filled with darkness. She looked around and suddenly the room filled with light. She was walking toward a large figure that she could barely see. Suddenly she was lifted into the air, and she saw the face of her mother. However, she didn't take it in at all, and instead her focus was everywhere else. She wanted to explore, to find, to act. Being held was not on her list at all, and so she started to cry. Two year old children cry for silly things. Her mom smiled, rustled her hair a little, and put her back down.

"Okay, darling, but don't go very far!" she said with a heavy British accent, and she left the room. "Charles! Where are you? I need to go to the store." she said, and a voice, words inaudible, sounded from upstairs. "Okay!" the mother replied, and a door opened and closed. Sinthia made her way to the door, looked out, and watched her mom leave.

"Bye Mama!" she said, and then she heard somebody walking down the stairs. She turned around and saw her dad. "Papa!" she yelled, and she jumped at him and grabbed his leg. "Rawr!" she said with a laugh, and he sat down and laughed with her. They played together, and then she went off on her own again. Exploring was always priority, of course. She stayed away from the kitchen, knowing it to be out-of-bounds, and instead walked to the library they had upstairs. She moved slowly, of course, but she didn't need to. Papa was watching.

He followed her quietly, and watched her enter the library and look for the biggest book. Once she found a book that she could reach, that was big, and that looked fancy, she pulled it out and looked at the cover. The Odyssey. She stared at it for a little bit before putting the word together.

"The Oh-dye-ssssssss-aye!" she said with triumph, and she opened the book. She began to piece the sounds together, though not very well, and even though she didn't understand any of it she felt successful. By the time she got to page nineteen, though, she felt herself falling asleep, and no matter how much she fought it she couldn't evade it. Eventually, she fell asleep.

Her eyes, however, shot open again. She was standing in front of an older girl while holding a Kendo sword. Four years old, first time she met her. Lucy smiled her childish grin and got ready to fight. Sinthia snarled and rushed forward with a vicious downward swing. Quickly and without hesitation Lucy knocked the sword out of her hand and put the sword tip to Sinthia's neck.

"You're doing it all wrong Cindy!" she said, and Sinthia cringed. Her name was Sinthia, not Cindy.

"You aw more expewienced, Lucy!" she said, cursing her lisp in her mind. Her vocabulary was brilliant, her ability to say the letter r not so much. Lucy giggled and picked up Sinthia's Kendo sword.

"Listen, you need to wait for the right moment to attack. Don't rush in or you'll lose!" Lucy said, and Sinthia lunged at her the moment she finished. Lucy, however, blocked the attack and countered with a swing of her own. Out of secondary instinct she pulled her own sword into a block. Lucy smiled, but lost her smile the moment after as Sinthia reached between their swords and grabbed her shoulder. She then kicked her in the back of the knee making her lose balance, and before Lucy could figure out what to do next Sinthia had won the round.

"That's not fair!" Lucy yelled out, but Sinthia laughed.

"Nobody evah said we can't use bwute fowce!" Sinthia retorted, and Lucy was stunned, but she conceded quickly.

"You're right, good job!" Lucy said, and she got up and held out her hand. "I guess I am the one who needs to learn!" she said, but a hint of sarcasm was in her voice.

Sinthia liked it.

"Maybe." she replied, holding out her hand. She blinked, and her hands were now on a piano, Lucy next to her.

"Beethoven, Fifth Symphony." Lucy said, and she put her hands into position. Sinthia got into position, and Lucy coughed. Sinthia moved her hands over to the left by two notes. Lucy nodded, and they began to play, Lucy with a bit more fluency than Sinthia, and Sinthia having only played for a week total. Five years old, a month after Lucy moved in with Sinthia. Lucy's father was currently overseas, apparently, doing some work.

"This is so embarrassing." Sinthia said as she looked down at her clothing. She was wearing a dress, and if her skin were any lighter she'd be blushing. Lucy just kept playing without a second thought. Lucy was also wearing a dress, but she was used to this kind of stuff. Halfway through the song, Sinthia forgot about everything around her and focused entirely on the song. Though not as fluid as Lucy, she was still arguably as good. She was so into it that when she reached the ending, her hands froze on the piano. For a second she thought she forgot the rest of the song until she heard Lucy get up. She followed suit, faced to the right alongside Lucy, and bowed with her. There was a moment of silence before clapping began, and Sinthia looked up. About fifty people were in front of her, and Lucy turned to walk off the stage. Sinthia, not reluctantly, followed.

"Sinthia, that was great!" Lucy said, she was watching her with a look of impression. Sinthia was speechless, and just smiled and gave a nod. Her mother and father appeared suddenly, and Lucy turned and waved to them.

"Hello... Uhm..." she stopped, forgetting there last name. They laughed.

"We've already told you." Charles said. "Call us by our names! Charles and Erica."

Lucy gave a somewhat nervous smile and nodded her understanding.

Sinthia just sat there dumbstruck. She was happy that she did so well, but she never wanted to do it again.

She blinked.

Her eyes opened. Three months later, Lucy was playing piano, and Sinthia was trying on her glasses. Without a sound Sinthia entered the music room and sat behind Lucy, taking in every detail of her appearance. Lucy was wearing a lovely skirt -- long and flowing, but not puffy -- and her shirt layered just over the top of it. The sleeves were short at her upper arm. She closed her eyes, the image black and white in her mind. She didn't care much for colors, ever. She could see them, but she never remembered them. The music stopped, suddenly, and Sinthia's eyes shot open. Lucy was facing her with her mouth slightly open.

"Cute glasses." she said, and Sinthia suddenly felt embarrassed.

"Shut up." was her retort.

"I said they were cute!"

"I said shut up!"

They both laughed. Lucy got up and moved to the closet. When she opened it, Sinthia looked in to see the array of instruments. Both her family and Lucy's were rich, and they were friends for many years, apparently. Lucy vanished for a second before walking out with two Violin's. Sinthia shook her head and Lucy laughed.

"Come on Sinth! You do so well playing the Violin. After this, we'll work on some Piano, and you can then help me with my reading, okay?" Lucy gave a smile, and Sinthia thought for a second.

"Okay, what are we playing?" she asked, and Lucy thought for a second. She hummed a couple of songs, and then shook her head in concentration...

"You pick..." she said, looking up.

"What? I don't... Why me?"

"We've always played songs that I like, but never anything you like, so... You pick."

"Fine..." Sinthia looked at the Violin, and she found herself lost in thought as she tried to remember all of the music they learned. Three and a half months of Piano, two months of Violin, a month of Guitar, and she couldn't think of one. Then it hit her, she had been watching it all week!

"Cowboy Bebop song!" she said, and Lucy frowned.

"Huh? I think... If we do that, we should do it on Guitar, don't you think?" she said, and then Sinthia smiled.

"Let's do it." they said together, and they both made their way to the closet, put the instruments up and replaced them with Guitars. They sat down on the floor facing one another. There was a knock at the door, and Erica walked in.

"What are you two up to?" she asked, her British accent somewhat more American now. Lucy waved.

"We're about to play the Cowboy Bebop song." Lucy replied, and Erica looked at her with light wonder.

"I remember watching that, mind if I join in and get Charles?" she asked, and both Lucy and Sinthia gave out a slight cheer of joy. Erica laughed and turned. "Hey Charles! Come play some music with us." she says, and she takes a pause as she looks at the guitars. "I'll play trumpet, Lucy get Sinthia a bass while you get drums. Charles get something, we're playing Tank!"

Suddenly a bustle of moment, and a loud noise as Charles knocked something over and a thud from him falling.

"I haven't played that song in forever..." he said, somewhat breathless, as he entered the room and quickly got a saxophone.

Sinthia sat there as everybody moved around and then they all sat in a circle.

"Ready?" Lucy asked, and Erica got into position at about the same time as Charles. Sinthia started, made a couple mistakes, and started again. Once she nodded, that she had it figured out, they began, and a couple seconds in the only instrument to be heard was Sinthia's bass. After a short time Lucy joined in with very light drums, though they weren't drums, of course, and the music started to fit together and follow suit. There was a cut off and then an explosion of laughter.

"What happened?" Sinthia asked. She hadn't been paying attention to them as much as to the instrument in her hand. Lucy tried saying between fits of laughter, but she couldn't manage. Eventually Sinthia started to giggle.

"Charles messed up and started to play a completely different song." Erica said after she finished. Charles smiled, and then got up and put away his instrument.

"Well, I think that's enough for me. I have some work to do." Charles said, and Erica's smile faltered. Lucy looked up and before she could ask, he answered. "Your father's fine, Lucy, don't worry about it." He left the room after that.

Erica got up too, and after helping Lucy and Sinthia clean up she left.

"Well, Sinthia, what do you want to play on the Piano?" Lucy asked. Sinthia paused, forgetting about the Piano.

"Fifth Symphony?" she asked, and Lucy nodded. They sat down and began to play for hours. At the end of it, Sinthia leaned over and closed her eyes, unable to stay awake.

And they opened again.

To screams.

Months later, about a week after her sixth birthday.

She got out of bed and walked down the hallway, Lucy already up, and curled into a ball.

"What's wrong Lucy?" Sinthia asked with a stifled yawn, and Lucy jumped, looked over, and then covered her lip with her finger. Sinthia put her glasses on after wiping them off, and then froze.

"Where's the little girl, Eric?" a voice asked from downstairs, and she furrowed her eyebrows. Mom's name is Erica...

"I wouldn't tell you where she is, ever!" replied her father, and Sinthia, confused, peeked a look downstairs, but Lucy grabbed her to stop her. It worked.

"Oh? Well then, if you won't tell me where she is, maybe I shall give some incentive? Roze didn't give any information, but he didn't have a lovely wife for me to... Ah, enjoy myself with." he said, and Sinthia acted out of instinct. She silently made her way through the hallway and into her parents' room. Her mom must be downstairs because the room was empty. She rushed to the bed, reached under it, and pulled out what looked like a gun. She didn't know how it worked, but she hoped that it just would.

She ran back and made her way down the stairs, the gun in her hands, and aimed them at the man she didn't know.

"What the hell? You... Have a child?" the man asked upon seeing Sinthia.

"No! Sinthia ge--" he stopped after seeing the gun, and then shouted even louder. "Left side, safety, flip the switch pull the trigger!"

She did.

The gun-shot shocked her and she dropped the gun. When she looked up, she heard another gun-shot. One bullet, from her, had hit the man dead center of the forehead, lucky shot.

Another bullet had just blown her father's head off.

She screamed, picked up the gun, and turned to where she thought the murderer was. He was confused when he saw the little girl, and before he could react she pulled the trigger again, the gun kicking but she just kept pulled again, and again, and again. Four bullets.

All of the hit various parts of his body, but he was on the ground. He'd be conscious had a bullet not grazed his head. He'd be standing had a bullet not severed his spinal cord. He'd be fighting had a bullet not rendered his gun arm useless.

He'd be able to survive had his heart not been punctured.

Sinthia heard more movement, and before she could be attacked again she turned to it and pulled the trigger.

Her mother was there.

Her mother was gone.

Sinthia scream out for her mother. Rushing over to her mother she grabbed her and started to shake her.

"Mother, wake up!" she said, and she turned to her father. "Father." she said, and then back to her mom. "Mother, please. Please get up." she was crying now, her voice straining to get through. "Mama please!" she said, and she heard a phone call. She didn't move, but heard Lucy walking down the stairs.

Then the sound of a weak stomach.

The smell of vomit.

The sound of the phone still ringing.

The smell of Lucy's arms wrapping around Sinthia.

It was comforting.

"We need to go." Lucy said, her voice sounding weak. Sinthia shook her head.

The phone was still ringing.

"Answer the phone." Sinthia said, trying to stall, trying to make more time. She didn't want to believe it yet.

Not yet.

She turned to the intruders as Lucy went to answer the phone.

Their fault.

Theirs.

She walked over to one of them.

She raised her hand.

She hit him.

Again.

Again.

Faster.

She wanted to kill him again.

She wanted to destroy him.

She wanted him to suffer.

She wanted him to suffer like she did.

She felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Sinthia, please stop." said Lucy's soft, sweet voice. Sinthia turned to her covered in blood and tears.

"Okay..." she says, and suddenly Charles' -- Eric's -- phone started to ring. Sinthia ignored it for a second, and then dug into his pocket to get it.

Roze.

Ezoroth Roze.

"L-Lucy." Sinthia said, and Lucy looked at the phone.

"Dad?" she asked with shock, and Sinthia didn't hesitate to open it.

"Eric, why aren't you answering?! I told you to call me whe --"

Cut off.

Sinthia's voice sounded distant and unlike usual.

Sounded angry.

Sounded defiant.

Sounded... Hateful.

"Father's dead." she said bluntly, accepting it. She needed to move on. Grabbing Lucy's hand she walked out and hung up. Lucy didn't fight with her nor did she complain.

She hadn't heard from her father for months, but Sinthia has it worse now.

Sinthia has it a lot worse.

Sinthia blinked and looked around. The room she was was full of bodies, and she was covered in blood. Lucy was behind her with a knife, and she was digging through the pockets of a man who looked twenty.

Seven years old, Lucy's Eleventh birthday. Lucy looked somewhat in a state of shock, and hadn't done anything but defend herself.

Sinthia, on the other hand, murdered all of these people without a second thought.

"Oh calm down, Lucy, they were perverts anyway!" Sinthia said to rationalize her actions. Lucy didn't budge. Sinthia shrugged and looked at the bodies, a smile fighting its way out, but not winning

She shouldn't take join in this kind of thing.

But she did. She loved it.

Sinthia looked at her hands. She had taped broken scissors to her hands, inspired by Edward, and used them as claws.

They worked.

Sometimes.

Lucy walked over to Sinthia and hugged her. Sinthia returned it naturally. Sinthia cared very much for Lucy, and this was the only way she could show her that. Lucy was still uncomfortable with this, and so she needed comforting. They stood there for a long time before finally breaking apart at the sound of a phone.

"Is it father?" Lucy asked, half scared and half longing.

"No, unknown number." replied Sinthia.

She answered.

Silence.

"Eric... Is that you?" said an unrecognizable voice.

Sinthia sighed.

"Father is dead." she said, and right before she hung up Lucy grabbed her shoulder and shook her head.

"Listen." Lucy said.

The voice sounded again.

"Eric and Carla have a child?" the voice asked. Sinthia felt hollow. Unknown. "Sorry, Eric and Carla were very secretive, even outside of the agency... Listen, a helicopter is closing in on your position, stay there."

They hung up.

She closed her eyes.

Opened them.

"What do you mean, no? I think I should know how two of my best operatives died!" roared the man. Sinthia crossed her arms, which were still soaked in blood, and glared at him. He was disgusted. He looked at Sinthia like she was a beast rather than an animal.

"Get them out of my sight." he said, and he waved them away. Sinthia, however, wouldn't stand for it.

"No." she said, and he turned around.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Join you."

"Sinthia no." Lucy said, and Sinthia turned to her. "Father told me that whatever I do, I should stay away from his work. I can't do i--"

"Yes you can, and you will, or I personally will see to it that you are removed from this country." replied the man, and Sinthia gave him a savage smile. He, still, was disgusted. "Get these... Vexation out of here. NOW!"

"I am not something that would cause you vexation, idiot. If you're going to use a word to confuse me, at least use it correclty!" Sinthia snapped, and Lucy chuckled.

"When it comes to reading and vocabulary, Sinthia scores better than eighty-seven percent of the world's tenth grade equivalent." Lucy says at the shocked face before them.

Sinthia looked at Lucy with genuine happiness and care.

She blinked.

Pakistan.

Nine years old.

Rubble, buried.

Lucy.

Death.

"WAKE UP." Sinthia screamed with a strained, crying voice. "Wake up, wake up. Please, wake up."

She didn't wake up.

"Goodbye, Lucy." I'll miss you.

Building.

Rifle.

Stairs.

"Time's up, little girl."

Dead.

Seven years of travel.

Rukongai.

Death, chaos, blood. Lots of blood. Wonderful blood.

Trials.

"No, I shall take Sinthia in as a pupil when the time comes. Send her to the academy, and if she doesn't behave, I'll execute her." said a voice, somewhat familiar.

"Very well, Akira."

Kokami.

Sinthia burst forward into an ever expanding wasteland, her eyes searching until.

"Well hello there, Death! You still look fabulous." she said, and Death looked at her, the faces reflecting one another. She had, yet again, taken the form of Sinthia. Death smiles with the same defiant, mischievous smile.

"You're my most welcome visitor. Sad that you can't remember me outside of this realm, well, not normally!" Death replied, and Sinthia walked over and held out her had. Death took it, and they shook. "Well, unlike last time, we're here on a bit of business. You have to answer my question and blah blah blah. Okay, so, what did you want most out of life? What were your goals?"

Sinthia smiled.

Goals?

She just wanted to kill.

Then she frowned.

She remembered her family.

Her life before blood-lust.

"I... Wanted my life back, but I was too far lost."

"I understand that... Now, your choice between life and death?"

"Same as when you offered last time, I don't want to continue without Lucy. She was all I had left."

"Understood... Now, I shall give you three prophecies. Ready?"

"Yes."

"Okay, okay. One, that which you desire is going to happen, but that which you dread is around its corner. Two, you will be granted the Hand of Death in due time. Three, the route which you hope to leads you to Death's door, which is never to be opened." she finished with a devious smirk.

"Hand of Death? So I'm your right hand, then? Interesting, I'd rather find that out. Who's your left?"

"You know who, though she knows not."

"Ah, understood. Well then, I'll have to go with option one."

"Wise, I see that you understand what happens when the door opens..."

"Yeah, and I can't wait."

"Well, you should be off now, farewell friend."

"Farewell, Death. May my heart rest always by your side."

Darkness.

Faint voices.

"Akira, she's awake." Kokami says, and Akira waves his hand over all three of them. Another person was present. Sinthia just couldn't figure out who.

"Whoa, what happened?" Sinthia asked, and she merely shook her head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part 1   

Back to top Go down

Part 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next